At LasikPlus, our commitment is to change and improve patients’ lives with custom Laser Vision Correction (commonly referred to as “LASIK”) that helps eliminate the daily hassles of glasses and contacts. Our daily mission and promise is to provide every patient with state-of-the-art, industry-leading technology, amazing patient care and customer service from some of the most experienced LASIK doctors and health care professionals in the country, and great visual outcomes.
We are proud to announce a new initiative, LasikPlus Cares, which will expand our scope to help change the lives of those in need through vision correction and humanitarian support throughout the United States and other countries. Through this program, we are launching relationships with, and making material donations to, both a global partner, RestoringVision, as well as many local community charities personally selected by the world-class doctors we are so proud to partner with and our local vision center teams.
Speaking on LasikPlus Cares, Craig Joffe, CEO of LasikPlus said, “LasikPlus Cares expands our ability to change and improve peoples’ lives through visual freedom, allowing our teams to build a more global and local philanthropic presence. Building off our history and heritage in vision correction, we are humbled to play a small role in helping many people reclaim their lives both through the amazing work RestoringVision does providing reading glasses and sunglasses to those in need around the world, as well as providing support to our communities closer to home. Having already helped nearly 15,000 people through an initial pilot of the program in late 2016, we expect this initiative to touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in 2017 alone.”
RestoringVision Founder, Mark Sachs added “We are excited to welcome LasikPlus as a corporate sponsor, and grateful for their support. Through this partnership, we will be able to restore sight and profoundly impact the lives of more people in need, enabling them to work, read, learn and live productive lives again.”
LasikPlus Cares is a program that provides charitable donations to communities and those in need, both locally and around the world. Through LasikPlus Cares, we will impact thousands of people throughout the world with ophthalmic and other needed assistance, with donations being made every time someone reviews us on social media.
For every Google, Yelp or Facebook Review regarding our patients’ LasikPlus experience, we will make a donations to charities around the world.
- Half of all donations will go to Restoring Vision (see information below)
- Half of all donations will go to a local charity chosen by each of our Vision Centers
About Restoring Vision
Restoring Vision is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing sight base assistance to those without access throughout the world. They distribute new, high-quality reading glasses and sunglasses to charitable organizations serving disadvantaged people in developing countries. Since 2003, they have partnered with over 1,400 organizations and supplied over 5 million glasses to people in 115 countries round the world. For every $0.60 we donate to Restoring Vision through LasikPlus Cares, a pair of glasses is provided to someone in need.
- The Need for Reading Glasses: 2.5 billion people worldwide suffer from uncorrected vision impairment. 544 million people only need reading glasses, but live in developing countries with limited or no access to glasses.
- The Need for Sunglasses: Prolonged unprotected exposure to the sun’s UV rays can lead to the development of serious eye diseases, including cataracts and pterygia. This is an important issue for those in developing countries who work lengthy hours in direct sunlight.
- Helping people with reading glasses and sunglasses keeps them productive and allows them to continue working, earning for themselves and their families.