LasikPlus Vision Center
There is a green entrance sign indicating parking on the left side between Chase Bank and the building where LasikPlus Vision Center is located.
From the Greenway Plaza entrance, turn right at the first stop sign onto Plaza Drive A. Do not proceed into the parking garage with the Visitor Parking sign for Greenway Plaza. This is a pay garage and they will not accept LasikPlus validation.
You will then turn right at the next stop sign and right again into the parking garage for 3700 Buffalo Speedway.
LasikPlus Vision Center is on the 3rd floor in Suite 325.
Your Houston, Texas Team
Meet Stephen B. Whiteside, M.D.
Dr. Whiteside has been performing laser vision correction for 10 years, five of which have been spent at LasikPlus. In total, Dr. Whiteside has performed over 15,000 laser vision corrections.
As a former Lieutenant Commander, Naval Flight Surgeon, Dr. Whiteside learned first-hand the magnitude and importance of committing to a high degree of attention to detail, as well as the true significance of personal and professional integrity.
“I find immense personal and professional satisfaction in truly improving our patients’ lives by reducing their life-long burden of impaired vision.”
In his free time, Dr. Whiteside enjoys spending time with his family, coaching kids, playing soccer, and enjoying life in beautiful Texas.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- Baylor College of Medicine, M.D.
- Storm Eye Institute, Resident in Ophthalmology
- Storm Eye Institute, Chief Resident in Ophthalmology
- Laser Eye Surgery and Cataract Implant Technology, Center for Research on Ocular Therapeutics and Biodevices, Research Fellowship
Certifications, Affiliations, Memberships
- Warfighter Army Refractive Center, Darnall Army Medical Center
- Executive Council, Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Secretary, Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Principal Investigator, Retina Research Center
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Austin Ophthalmology Society
- Travis County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Meet Tram N. Do, O.D.
Dr. Do has been working in optometry for six years, four of which have been spent at LasikPlus.
Dr. Do graduated Summa Cum Laude from University of Houston College of Optometry in 2005 and has co-managed many patients since. Having LASIK done on her own eyes, Dr. Do enjoys the new freedom she has from glasses and contact lenses. With her own experience personally and professionally, Dr. Do loves coming to work every day to help transform patients’ lives.
“Personally, I know how laser vision correction can change someone’s life. I was very near-sighted before, and since LASIK in 2004 I have new freedom in life. I can do whatever, whenever I want, without being limited by glasses or contact lenses. Professionally, I love coming to work every day to help transform patients’ lives. Seeing their joy and gratification after the procedure gives me a sense of pride. It’s a great feeling to see patients discover the miracle of laser vision correction.”
In her free time, Dr. Do enjoys watching TV, reading, and spending time with family, friends and her dog.
- University of Houston, B.S. in Biology
- University of Houston – College of Optometry, O.D. – Summa Cum Laude
Meet Alice EE Wang Kachinski, O.D.
Dr. Kachinski has been working in optometry for 6 years, all of which have been spent at LasikPlus.
Dr. Kachinski is proud to be one of the many doctors at LasikPlus who are part of a pool of hundreds of talented doctors that share their collective knowledge and experience.
“Our custom technology tailors the treatment to the patient’s individual needs.”
Photography is Dr. Kachinski’s passion. She loves taking photos of the people she loves, the things she does, and places she visits. She also enjoys spending time with her husband, family and friends. They travel all over the world and she loves experiencing new and different cultures. To stay fit, she likes to run and practice yoga.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in Integrative Biology
- University of Texas, Arlington, M.S. in Biology
- University of Houston College of Optometry, O.D.
Certifications, Affiliations, Memberships
- Harris County Optometric Society