LasikPlus Vision Center
Atlanta, Georgia (Galleria Vision Center)
The LasikPlus Vision Center in Galleria is in the first office building on the left, which is the tall Equity office building.
Your Atlanta, Georgia (Galleria Vision Center) Team
Meet Eugene M. Smith, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Smith has been performing laser vision correction for 10 years, all of which have been spent at LasikPlus. In total, Dr. Smith has performed over 69,000 laser vision corrections.
Dr. Smith completed 7 years of surgical training after finishing medical school and has been in practice more than 12 years since completing training. He has also published LASIK-related articles in peer review journals and has written several chapters for text books.
Dr. Eugene Smith was one of the Best LASIK Surgeons in America as advertised in Delta’s Sky Magazine in 2011.
“LASIK is one of the most gratifying procedures I have ever performed. It is incredibly rewarding for me to see so many happy LASIK patients!”
Dr. Smith’s hobbies include scuba diving, flying planes, snowboarding, mixed martial arts and reading. Since having three kids, he and his wife have put most of these hobbies on hold. Together, they are making a list of scuba diving sites they would like to visit someday.
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- University of Georgia, B.S. in Microbiology
- Medical College of Georgia, M.D.
- University of Hawaii, Integrated Transitional Residency Program
- Rhode Island Hospital, Department of Surgery
- Brown University School of Medicine
- Providence, RI, Department of Ophthalmology
Certifications, Affiliations, Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Among the Best LASIK Surgeons in America as advertised in Delta’s Sky Magazine 2011
Meet Chris O'Brien, O.D.
Dr. O’Brien has been working in optometry for 6 years, all of which have been spent at LasikPlus.
Dr. O’Brien believes LasikPlus has an amazing team of eye care professionals who really care about their patients. He is proud the team looks to create a great experience for every patient that comes in the door.
“I have a fantastic team in my office, people with many years of experience. We all enjoy coming here to work and I really think that shows.”
Dr. O’Brien likes biking around the city and traveling to new places. In addition, Dr. O’Brien also enjoys languages and takes classes whenever possible.
- Fairfield University, B.S. in Biology
- State University of New York, O.D.