Dr. Straub is among the most experienced refractive surgeons in the United States, having performed over 35,000 laser vision correction procedures and 35,000 refractive procedures. In his 30 years of refractive ophthalmology experience, Dr. Straub has taught surgical procedure skills to over 500 eye surgeons worldwide. He is the co-author of an ophthalmic textbook and has supervised FDA clinical trials. A Board Certified ophthalmologist with the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology, Dr. Straub is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Thousands of patients, including fellow doctors, pilots, athletes, military personnel, and celebrities have trusted Dr. Straub for their vision correction needs.
“I love being a laser vision correction surgeon because I enjoy putting the smiles on the patients’ faces. Our LasikPlus team cares about the patients, treats them like family, is concerned about quality of care, cleanliness of the facility, and safety of the procedures.”
When he is not helping people to improve their lives through LASIK and laser vision correction, Dr. Straub is a senior aviation medical examiner with the FAA and enjoys flying airplanes, seaplanes, and helicopters. With your improved vision, you may even see Dr. Straub performing flight aerobatics!
- William Paterson University of New Jersey, B.A.
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, D.O.
- Detroit Osteopathic Hospital, Detroit, Michigan and Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital, Warren Michigan
Certifications, Affiliations, Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow and Past President, American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology
- Charter Member, International Refractive Surgery Club
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- The Future of LASIK